Jim Afinowich – Managing Partner
- (480) 327-6610
A nationally honored industry leader, Jim has developed and presented classes for regional and national trade associations for nearly 20 years. He has also provided expert witness services in cases relating to brokerage practices and standards of care. He is well-known as a creative problem solver.
Jim Afinowich is a Partner and Designated Broker at IBG Fox & Fin in the Phoenix Arizona office. A mergers and acquisition firm founded in 1993. Today, IBG Fox & Fin represents business with sales between $2 million and $100 million. The firm has been selected Arizona’s number one business sales firm for twelve years in a row by The Arizona Business Magazine. Jim’s primary responsibility is overseeing the deal makers and expediting transactions. He has more than a quarter century of successful experience in the M&A industry and has managed and supervised more than 500 transactions. He is well-known a creative problem solver.
A nationally honored industry leader, Jim has developed and presented classes for regional and national trade associations for nearly 20 years. He has also provided expert witness services in cases relating to brokerage practices and standards of care.
Jim Afinowich is experienced in business. He has owned 15 businesses in industries from manufacturing to publishing, foreign trade and aviation, having launched multiple businesses domestically and internationally. Jim has employed hundreds of people and, like his clients, experienced the joys and challenges of business ownership.
Jim sold several businesses for himself before starting to sell privately held firms for others. Jim has worked as a mid-market M&A Broker for over twenty years. His career led to his business philosophy, “Although the type of business may vary the best results for the client always come from the utilization of a proven process, executed completely in a planned and deliberate manner. There are no short cuts.”
Jim is a lifelong Arizona resident. His two passions, after family, are business and aviation. He has held advanced ratings for ultra light aircraft and hang gliders, as well as conventional aircraft.
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA), the world’s largest business intermediary trade association. President, Director Vice President/Treasurer, Chair – Education
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI)
- Merger & Acquisition Master Intermediary (M&AMI)
- Business Brokerage Specialist (BBS)
- M&A Source, charter member, Chair Education and Credentialing Committees
- Tom West Award for exceptional contributions in promoting goals and ethics in business brokerage
- Business Intermediary Education Foundation, President and Director
- M&A Source Credentials Committee. Vice chair
- Valley Board Of Business Brokers honor proclamation of “Jim Afinowich Day.”
- Fellow of IBBA
- Arizona Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Holds his series 63 and series 82 securities registration under Still Point Capital Partners
- IFR rated pilot and aircraft owner
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Arizona Business Brokers Association
- Turn Around Management Association
Business & Community Involvement
- Volunteer, various local charity organizations and projects
- Aircraft Owner Pilot Association
- Reno Air Racing Association
- Wings for Kid