John Zayac – Managing Partner
- (303) 758-4000
Mr. Zayac founded International Business Group, Ltd. in 1986 to provide mid-market business sellers the high-quality resources and sophisticated service traditionally reserved for firms valued over $100 million. Since inception, John built this firm into the merger & acquisition industry’s most comprehensive provider of acquisition advisory services for mid-market business sellers.
John Zayac founded International Business Group, Ltd. in 1986 to provide the mid-market business seller the high-quality resources and sophisticated service traditionally reserved for firms valued over $100 million. Since inception, John built this firm into the merger & acquisition industry’s most comprehensive provider of acquisition advisory services for mid-market business sellers. His oversight of handling each client from start to finish built a record of success as a business intermediary including hundreds of completed transactions in manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
In addition to founding IBG, John Zayac has owned and operated a spectrum of businesses including a printing company, an automobile importing agency and a chain of car washes. According to Professional Car Washing Magazine, his is the 10th largest chain self-service car wash locations in the U.S. John is a court-appointed expert in business evaluations and transactions. He is a nationally recognized speaker on The Sale of Privately-Held, Mid-Market Firms.
His personal business philosophy is mindful: Most business owners only sell a firm once in a life time, capitalizing on this opportunity requires experience, resources and knowledge to ensure nothing is left to chance.
A native of Binghamton, New York, John has resided in Colorado since 1982. He is actively involved in many industry associations and civic organizations. John is a competitive race pilot in the T-6 Racing Association, most recently placing 2nd in the 2010 T-6 Gold Class National Championship Air Races in Reno, NV.
- Holds his series 63 and series 82 securities registration under Still Point Capital Partners
- Fellow of the IBBA Award, a highly-esteemed lifetime achievement award honoring an expert business intermediary (International Business Brokers Association – IBBA)
- Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) (Prestigious M&A Brokers industry certification)
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Board of Directors, M&A Source
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Colorado Association of Business Intermediaries (CABI)
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Board of Directors, Internet Safety Commission
- Past Board of Directors, T6 Racing Association (served 5 years as President)
- Board of Directors, Air Power West
- Steering Committee Member, Wings Over the Rockies
- Board of Directors, Strategic Initiative Task Force (SITF)
- Board of Directors, Business Intermediary Education Foundation (BIEF)
Business & Community Involvement
- Board Member, Air Power West
- Board Member, T6 Racing Association
- Steering Committee Member Wings Over the Rockies
- Morgan Adams Foundation
- Association for Corporate Growth